Tampa Jewish Federation Revives the 1941 Ft. Homer W. Hesterly Armory

The renovated building will total over 100,000 sq. ft. and include a community health and wellness center, a visual arts center, the Florida-Israel Business Accelerator, a cafe, and more. The Fort Homer W. Hesterly Armory building, located at 522 N. Howard Avenue, in Tampa, was dedicated on Decemeber 8, 1941, the day after the invasion of Pearl Harbor. The U.S. Army Reserve occupied the building until 2004 after which numerous developers attempted to create and fund various projects.

Click here to read the full article.