Two (2) sessions, Part 1 and Part 2 covering:
PART 1 –
Provides a comprehensive overview, including general discussion of centrifugal water chillers and includes the following topics:
- Introduction to Chilled Water Systems and Centrifugal Water Chillers.
- Components – compressor, motor, condenser, evaporator, purge and controls. Refrigeration cycle covering system operation.
- Compressor Capacity Control – inlet vanes, impeller dynamics, compressor unloading, surge and adjustable frequency drives.
- Maintenance Considerations – general maintenance requirements of a centrifugal water chiller including importance of maintaining related pumps and cooling towers.
- Mechanical Considerations – reviewing operating logs and trends, observing oil pressure drop, monitoring evaporator and condenser approach temps, observing and recording the oil level, monitoring purge pump-out operation.
- Application Considerations – Condensing temperature control, cooling tower bypass, constant or variable flow, heat recovery and ARI Standards.
PART 2 –
A continuation of the Trane CenTraVac Operator – Part 1 course covering the area of troubleshooting including:
- Understanding of chiller logs and the identification of problems
- Preventative maintenance
- Inspections required to monitor and maintain system efficiency and safety
- Water treatment
- How to troubleshoot:
- Air in the machine
- Low condenser water flow
- Fouled evaporator tubes
- Condenser water bypassing condenser tubes
- Bypassing chilled water tubes
- Low chilled water flow
- Fouled condenser tubes
*Pre-requisite of Chilled / Hot Water Pumps Course Recommended