This class will cover the installation and start-up of Trane RAUJ 20-135 ton Condensing Units with a) existing air handlers, b) new Trane Modular Climate Changers, and c) Trane Low Pressure Climate Changers. With a solid understanding of the challenges that can occur at startup and with good advance planning and proper equipment ordering, these systems can be installed easily and without costly material and manpower overruns. Issues covered in this course will include:
- Why Trane 20 ton and larger condensing units are very different from Trane 15 ton and smaller units.
- Correct refrigerant accessories required at the air handler….are solenoid valves needed?
- Should the solenoid valves be 24 volts or 110 volts?
- Control wiring when utilizing 110 Volt or 24 Volt space thermostats (this is big)
- Correct coil split methodology
- Proper ordering of the Trane air handler coil
- Proper refrigerant pipe sizing and installation for the new R-410A refrigerant
- Control wiring for Constant Volume Systems
- R-22 to R-410A Retrofits
****This course is also offered in Ft. Myers on December 12, 2019****