This is the same course and the same instructors that teach the Tracer SC/Synchrony Advanced Operation Course in St. Paul, Minnesota. Note this course is taught during the day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. over 2-1/2 weekdays. This course is “hands-on” and employs laptop computers linked to an SC for each 2-3 students.
*Tracer SC/Synchrony Operation is a pre-requisite and must be completed prior to registering for this course.
Course Description and Learning Outcomes
The Tracer SC/Synchrony Advanced Operation course builds on the knowledge and skills learned in the Tracer SC/Synchrony Operation course. This course will enable learners to expand their skill set to complete a variety of advanced operations, control strategies and energy-saving methods to get the most value out of their Tracer SC building control system. Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Define and apply coordinated control methods using spaces, Area, VAV Air Systems and schedules.
- Create area application and apply different configurations options
- Create HVAC, analog and binary schedules
- Set up and modify data logs with advanced configurations
- Use Tracer TU to backup, restore and upgrade firmware for Trane unit controllers
- Configure alarming for binary and analog points
- Create custom alarm categories and notification classes
- Route alarm categories to users
- Work with Tracer Graphical Editor (TGE) to modify graphics