This is the same course and the same instructors that teach the Tracer SC Advanced Operation Course in St. Paul, Minnesota. Note this course is taught during the day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. over 2-1/2 weekdays. This course is “hands-on” and employs laptop computers linked to an SC for each 2-3 students.
*Tracer SC Operation is a pre-requisite and must be completed prior to registering for this course.
Course Description and Learning Outcomes
The Tracer SC Advanced Operation course builds on the knowledge and skills learned in the Tracer SC Operation course. This course will enable learners to expand their skill set to complete a variety of advanced operations, control strategies and energy saving methods to get the most value out of their Tracer SC building control system. Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Define and apply coordinated control methods using spaces, Area, VAV Air Systems and schedules.
- Create area application and apply different configurations options
- Create HVAC, analog and binary schedules
- Set up and modify data logs with advanced configurations
- Use Tracer TU to backup, restore and upgrade firmware for Trane unit controllerss
- Configure alarming for binary and analog points
- Create custom alarm categories and notification classes
- Route alarm categories to users
- Work with Tracer Graphical Editor (TGE) to modify graphics